Friday, April 26, 2019

Friday Faves: Happy Spring :)

This week brought some glorious Spring weather, and my favorite - Spring rain storms! I am loving all things Spring this year, which makes me feel old because I barely used to notice Spring! I love noticing all of the little buds sprouting in our garden and watching the world turn a little more green. Today, I'm headed off on a fun trip! I will be sure to take lots of pictures and share the very best parts next week (along with some fun recipes!). Let's look back at the best parts of this week, shall we?

I posted the recipe for these cookies on Wednesday (you can find it HERE). These maple pecan oatmeal cookies are allergen friendly, but you would never know! They are so delicious, you would never know they are secretly healthy! I made these to serve for dessert on Easter Sunday and they were a big hit! I know I will be making these cookies over and over again!
Speaking of Easter dinner, I made these cute little chick & bunny cookies to send home with our guests as favors. We hosted 18 people for Easter dinner and I knew I wanted to have a fun treat at each place setting. When the places were set, I put a little cookie combo at each place setting for our guests to take home with them. The Bean helped me decorate the cookies with royal icing and I love how they turned out. I will post more about our decorating process next week and I'll share little tips for how I eased the Bean into decorating with royal icing.
More food? Ha! Yes, I have a lot of food to share today (this was meant to be a foodie blog after all!). I have been craving apple crisp like something fierce lately and I finally got around to making one. This was my first time making an apple crisp gluten free, vegan & refined sugar free and guess what? It turned out! I'll share my recipe next week!
That was a lot of dessert talk huh? Onto something a little more healthy! I say a little more healthy, but these burgers are actually crazy healthy! They pack so much flavor but are totally good for you. I have already made these burgers twice for dinner and I know these will be requested over and over again. We ate these on Wednesday night in Boston lettuce and they were so good! I love that there is avocado and spinach hidden in these burgers (recipe HERE).
I am all about this season of Jane the Virgin but I am seriously dreading it being over. We watched the first four seasons as a family last year and we are loving watching the new episodes every week. But, what will we watch next!? Let me give you a run down on what we've watched - Gilmore Girls, New Girl, Jane the Virgin & Brooklyn 99. Do you have any recommendations for what we should watch next? I'd love some suggestions!

***I'm Linking up with Katie from Cup of Tea, Della from Della Devoted, Tif from Bright on a Budget and Becky from byBMG for High Five for Friday, Andrea from Momfessionals, Narci from Grace and Love blog and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites, April from Smidge of This and Christina from Carolina Charm for Five on Friday and Amanda from Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites.

I hope your weekend is full of fabulous! See you next week,




No comments:

Post a Comment